Child rights and protection programme for Preschool teachers in Northern Province
The above programme was conducted in the Sandilippay DS division in two locations, one at Pandatheruppu and the other at Navaly. Each three day workshop of six session implemented by Aaruthal Sri Lanka with the funding of Department of Probation and Child Care Services, Northern Province and the logistic support of Lions Club Manipay. Thirty Preschool teachers selected from the sandilipay DS Division participated in each workshop.
in the six session the following were discussed and analysed.
- Strategies to create child as a good citizen.
- Understanding the rights and protection of children.
- Enhancing the knowledge and skills about the rights and protection of the children.
- Involving in the enhancing activities of the rights and protection.
- Action to be taken during the breach of children rights.
- Confirming children rights and protection through collaboration with Social members and organization.